The health and safety of our employees, those who work with us and the communities in which we work is of primary importance to Hubbard Construction. No aspect of our work warrants greater attention; to that end, safety must never be sacrificed for the sake of production.
Each employee of the Hubbard team must embrace our Zero Accidents vision and contribute to the cultural values that support prevention as a way of life. Further, all employees must actively support the elimination of unsafe behavior and unsafe conditions.
Hubbard management will take a proactive approach in creating a safe place to work for all employees and the public and will be accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Promoting continued safety education and training plus involvement of all employees.
- Assigning responsibility for all aspects of the safety program and holding managers accountable.
- Continuously improving safety.
- Ensuring thorough evaluation of all incidents and taking actions to avoid recurrence.
At a minimum, employees at every level of the organization are accountable for the following:
- Assuming responsibility for their own safety and the safety of those with whom they work.
- Adhering to established company safety policy and procedures.
- Adequately planning safety into every work task.
- Actively participating in the safety process.
- Immediately correcting or report all hazards.
Hubbard’s continued success depends upon our ability to effectively execute our work in an ever changing and challenging market place. Safety plays a critical role in this endeavor. Through observance and encouragement of this policy, we assist in protecting the overall well-being of our employees, clients, subcontractors, communities and the company.
President and CEO
Performance Key Indicators
- FTBA 2015 MOT Project Of The Year Winner
- FTBA 2015 Yeti Award Recipient
- Ranked #18 in the top general contractors in Florida
- EMR Rating is .74
- Carries A+ Rating with the Florida Department of Transportation for DBE and SBE utilization.
- Lost Time Incident Rate Less than Industry Average (Bureau of Labor/Statistics)
- Injury Frequency Rate Less than Industry Average (Bureau of Labor/Statistics)
- Hubbard Construction’s FDOT Contractor Past Performance Rating for the last 5 years: Overall (37 projects) – 95 and Design Build (5 Projects) – 101.6